Join our mailing list! Please?
Rachel has performed on the Richmond, VA music scene for over 25 years. She first gained recognition touring along the East Coast with the “Rachel Leyco Band”. It wasn't until January 2010 she began her solo singer songwriter career and released her first solo self titled album in 2020.
Rachel has shared the stage with folks like:
Tegan and Sara, Carlie Hanson, The Civil Wars, Matt Nathanson, Pat McGee Band, Carbon Leaf, Eddie From Ohio, Everything, Agents of Good Roots, Edwin McCain, Jump Little Children.
Rachel has played at venues like:
Virginia (Brown's Island, National Theater, UR Modlin Center, Dogwood Dell Amphitheater, Canal Club, Hilton VA Beach, Richmond Coliseum, Alley Katz)
Nashville (Hard Rock Cafe, Third and Lindsley, The Five Spot)
North Carolina (The Brewery)
Boston (Harper's Ferry)
New York City (The Continental)
California (Java Joe's, Lestats, The Cat Club)
- Rachel Leyco forms the "Rachel Leyco Band" with drummer John O'Donnell in September 2000.
- She released her first published album "The Path" in December 2000. GoGirlsMusic.com reviewed the album and said "Leyco has a very pleasant vocal style that is lilting while weaving a rich texture to all the songs similar to Dolores O'Riordan of The Cranberries."
- In October 2001, at the age of 18, Leyco is listed as one of the top five bands you should listen to by the Richmond Times Dispatch sharing the honor with Fighting Gravity, Waking Hours, Pat McGee and Susan Greenbaum.
- During the summer of 2004, Rachel and the band began touring to support their first full length CD, Something Human, playing shows in New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Nashville, Atlanta, and southern California. The next year included an extensive touring schedule after Leyco graduated from college.
- Rachel Leyco picks up an endorsement by Elixir Strings. www.elixirstrings.com
- November 2005 Rachel and the band record a Christmas EP regularly spun on Richmond's Lite 98.
- Rachel Leyco Band is chosen to be featured on the "Music Seen" program on PBS.
- March 2007 Rachel is endorsed by Passchal products. www.passchal.com - June 2009 The long awaited release of the band's self titled album is released.
- January 2010 Rachel began performing as a singer/songwriter.
-May 2020 She released her first ever solo album self titled “Rachel Leyco” available on iTunes, Spotify, Pandora.
Rachel is happily endorsed by: